Star Valley's own SHORT FILM COMPETITION presented by the Star Valley Arts Council
1. Deadline: All submissions are due at Lampshade Studio, 250 Kendall Lane, Etna, Wyoming (if mailing po box 5366 etna wy 83118) or the Star Valley Independent office Washington Street, Afton wy 83110 on or before 5:00 p.m., February 21, 2017.
2. Announcements: Winners will be announced at the Ice Box Film Festival on February 25, 2017.
3. Entry Fee: There is a $20.00 fee for the Ice Box Film Festival. The entry fees will be used towards prize money for the winners of the competition.
4. Eligibility: To be eligible, you must complete the entry form, pay the entry fee, and be present (or have a representative) at the Ice Box Film Festival Award Ceremony on February 25, 2017.
5. Screening: A panel will determine what films will be screened at the festival from all works meeting eligibility. It is possible that a work will not be shown if it fails to meet set standards, or quality expectations. If your film is not chosen, you will be notified with explanation.
6. Releases and Copyrighted Material: If your film contains any copyrighted material (music for example) the filmmaker will be responsible for securing the licensing rights. (To avoid the expense and difficulty of securing such rights we recommend using only original, non-copyrighted material or material licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license).
7. Prizes: The winners shall receive a cash prize. The amount of said prize are dependent on amount of entries.
8. Film Content: Entries must be “family friendly”determined by panel of review.
9. Film Type: Entries will fall in the categories of documentary, fiction, animation, or music video.
10. Film Length: Minimum of three seconds with 10 minutes maximum (possible exceptions for special invited presentations).
11. Film Format: Entries must be in digital format on a disc, or USB drive or shared online via Dropbox (share with email@example.com). For questions on format contact Katie Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Rules are subject to flexibility in order to pull of an awesome festival.